Growing Up with a Bucket Full of Happiness: Three Rules for a Happier Life
Growing Up with a Bucket Full of Happiness is a short chapter book that takes the lessons from How Full Is Your Bucket? and applies them to situations that older children are challenged with as they grow into adults.
Conversations about choosing friends, practicing kindness, apologizing, facing consequences and letting go of bad feelings are necessary but not always easy for parents and teachers to navigate. This book is an essential guide to helping older kids develop the emotional fortitude to handle life's ups and downs.
Sharing this book with a child will help them learn and live with these facts of life:
1. Some people will be your good friends, and some will not.
2. Sometimes even good friends and family will let you down. Sometimes you'll let them down, too.
3. Sometimes you'll make the team, and sometimes you won't.
4. Sometimes you'll win, and sometimes you'll lose.
5. Some people won't like you back.
6. Sometimes you'll work hard and get a good grade, and sometimes you'll work hard and not get a good grade.
7. Some people will judge you even before they get to know you.
8. Some people will say or do things that hurt you very much.
9. Some things in life are just not fair.
10. No one gets to choose the body or the talents they are born with, only what they do with them.
This is a book you'll want to revisit with older children as they make their way through elementary and middle school; you can order online: